The Town of AuSable’s Tax Collector, is responsible for the collection of all levied Town taxes and all re-levied school and village taxes in compliance with all local and state tax collection regulations.
The Tax Collector is required by law to send tax bills to banks for those homeowners who have escrow accounts. The banks are required to send the Town an #953 Authorization Form that applies their bank codes to the homeowner’s account. Once the tax bill is paid, the homeowner will receive a receipt from the Town of Ausable Tax Office. If no bank code is applied, the tax bill will be forwarded to the homeowner.
Pursuant to Real Property Tax Law 922, failure to receive a property tax bill does not relieve the taxpayer of their obligation to pay taxes in full and in a timely manner. If the property taxes are not paid during the interest free period, the taxpayer is obligated to pay interest and penalties for late payments as per New York State Real Property Tax Law 924.
Contact theTown of AuSable’s Assessor Office if you refinance your mortgage, paid off the mortgage, no longer have an escrow account or if you are a new homeowner and responsible for your taxes and utility bills but you have not received them.
If the property has been sold, please forward tax bill to new owner or return the tax bill to the Town of AuSable Tax Office with the name and address of the new owner.
- Property tax bills are mailed out the last week of December.
- Payments made through January are without penalty.
- Payments made in February are charged a 1% penalty
- Payments made in March are charged a 2% penalty.
- Payments made in April are charged a 3% penalty
- We accept cash, check, or money order.
- After April 30th, all unpaid tax bills are sent to the Clinton County Treasures Office at (518) 565-4730.