HOURS OF OPERATION
The Town of AuSable’s Dog Control Officer is on-call. If you are unable to reach an officer at the Dog Control Office, please leave a message for matters that are not urgent. Matters needing immediate attention must be referred to the Clinton County Sheriffs Department at 518-565-4300.
- To serve the residents of the Town of AuSable who may have problems or questions related to dogs
- Ensuring the licensing of dogs
- Picking up dogs at large
- Ensuring proper care and feeding of dogs detained
- Enforcement of Town codes and New York State law pertaining to dog controlIssuing appearance ticket for violations of Town codes
- Enforcement of impoundment fees to be paid by the respective owner to the Town Clerk of the Town of AuSable
- Maintaining an up-to-date census of dogs in the Town
- Sending notices for delinquent dog licenses
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
At what age must dogs be licensed?
In New York State all dogs must be licensed by the age of four (4) months..
How much does a dog license cost?
Fees for un-spayed or un-neutered dogs are $20; spayed or neutered dogs are licensed for a fee of $10.
Does the Town discount fees for senior citizens?
Unfortunately at this time, we do not.
How long is a dog allowed to bark before the Dog Control Officer is permitted to intervene?
According to the Town Code the Dog Control Officer may intervene after ½ hour.
Is there a leash law and pooper scooper law in the Town of AuSable?
Yes, Town Code requires that dogs be controlled on leashes no longer than six (6) feet and dog owners are required to clean up after their dog.